We will be glad to issue you free of charge with a TUM Library Card or activate your TUM StudentCard or PersonalCard to function as your library card. This service is offered at any time during the opening hours of our branch libraries.
The StudentCard is also your library card. To enable library use for the card, do the following:
- Please accept the library regulations in your TUMonline account under Service > University Library. This will automatically activate your StudentCard for library use.
- Please log into your library account in the OPAC and set your individual password (max. 12 digits). For the first login, please use the library number (barcode number on the back of the StudentCard) and the standard password (your birthday and month in the form TTMM).
TUM staff members may have their TUM PersonalCard activated to function as their library card. Please bring it to one of our branch libraries and fill in a registration form.
TUM Visiting Scientists
For registration you need to provide an ID card or a passport and the completed declaration of liability.
For registration you need to provide an ID card or a passport in addition with a proof of residence in Germany ("Meldebescheinigung") and also your student ID.
Individuals and Non-TUM Staff
For registration you need to provide an ID card or a passport in addition with a proof of residence in Germany ("Meldebescheinigung").
Persons under Age 18
For registration you need to provide the signature of a parent or guardian on the registration form for underage persons. Please follow this procedure:
- Fill in the registration form completely.
- Print it out.
- Ask your parent or guardian to sign it.
- Come to one of our branch libraries and bring the completed and signed form with you.
Additionally, you will need:
- your ID card or a passport in addition with a proof of residence in Germany ("Meldebescheinigung")
- your parent's or guardian's ID card or a copy of the document