Fast track from the literature research to the document
With the SFX link service the TUM University Library provides you with a fast and comfortable route from the literature search to the document.
What is SFX?
SFX will show you in a clear and simple way the fastest and most efficient means of obtaining the required literature. In databases and web portals, SFX forwards you directly to an availability display, and in the optimal case links directly to the full text article.
SFX is a link resolver, which creates a connection for you between your research results and local inventory information, and means of access and license terms.
How can I use SFX?
Wie können Sie SFX nutzen?
In many specialized databases and search portals, you will come across SFX buttons while conducting your research.
When you click the button, you will be redirected to a SFX service page.
The SFX service page provides an overview of the possible procurement routes for your desired literature, sorted by relevance. Among the various services offered, are:
- Links to electronic full texts, if they are available in the TUM network
- Reference to the online library catalogue
- Reference to the online interlibrary loan service via the Bavarian Library Network (BVB) catalogue
- Reference to fee-based document delivery service subito
- Reference to search engines
While redirecting to library catalogues and search engines your research data will be transferred automatically.