The German version of this document is the only legally binding version. This English translation is for your convenience only.
These house rules apply to all library users. They supplement the Campus Code of Conduct of the Technical University of Munich, the Library Policies, the General Regulations on the Use of Bavarian State Libraries (ABOB), and the Regulatory Statutes for the ABOB.
- Please conduct yourself in all library rooms so as not to disturb other library users.
- In the reading room it is not permitted to make or receive phone calls, to consume food or to bring animals.
- Beverages are allowed only in tight closable containers. In principle, they must be kept closed and should only be opened for comsumption. Therefore, it is not allowed to pour beverages into open containers. The comsumption of alcoholic drinks is not allowed.
- Study desks may not be reserved for other library users. A study desk is considered vacant if it remains unoccupied for more than 60 minutes. Any items still present at the study desk can be cleared by the library and taken into custody. Items taken into custody will be treated as lost property. Each library user is responsible for securing their data against data loss. The library assumes no liability for data loss resulting from clearing an unoccupied study desk and taking electronic devices into custody.
At the Branch Library Main Campus, when leaving the study desk, a break disc with the set start time of the break, obtainable at the branch library, must be left in a visible location. If no break disc is placed or the maximum break time is exceeded, other library users may take over the space. The University Library assumes no liability for personal belongings or data of the library users left on the study desk.
- Lockers are available for registered library users. Please observe the rules of use for the library lockers.
- In principle, jackets and bags are permitted inside all branch libraries. However, library staff reserve the right to deny access to library users bringing large or bulky items.
- Bags, suitcases and boxes must not be left unattended in University Library rooms. If they are, the University Library reserves the right to take security measures. The person who left the item has to pay all costs of security measures and possible related costs.