These locker regulations apply to the wardrobes at the Branch Libraries Chemistry, Life Sciences, Physics, Main Campus, Mechanical Engineering, Renewable Resources and Sports Science.
- The provision of the lockers is a service offered by the University Library. The use of the lockers is free of charge. You have no statutory claim to the provision of a locker.
- Keys for the lockers can be rented by registered library users at the circulation desk. The issuing of the key is entered into the library account of the borrower. Reservations for the occupancy of a locker can be arranged by the desk staff.
- Only one locker can be occupied at the same time in each case. You cannot claim precendence of use of any particular locker.
- The right of use of the locker is not transferable. Passing on to third parties is not permitted.
- The rental period is two weeks.
- The lockers are to be handled with care and protected from damage and soiling. Before initial operation, it is the user’s responsibility to check the condition of the locker.
- In the event of a malfunction of the lock mechanism, the Library is to be informed. Unauthorized interventions are prohibited. Costs for the damages arising from improper handling shall be reimbursed by the responsible party.
- Perishable foods and substances or objects hazardous to health may not be stored in the lockers. In cases of suspected abuse of lockers, the Library retains the right to check and to clear them where necessary.
- After the expiration of the rental period, the key is to be returned at the circulation desk by the due date.
- When exceeding the rental period, the user’s library account will be locked following previous notification of the expired rental period and a deadline for the clearing of the locker.
- The locker will then be forcibly opened and cleared by the library staff. The removed items are treated as lost property and, in accordance with German Civil Code (§§ 978 et seq.), placed in temporary storage. Food will be disposed of immediately without the right of reimbursement. Borrowed media from our own stock are reversed. Media from the property of other libraries will be returned to them. Any objects that are found in open lockers or turned in from open lockers to the library administration will be treated the same way.
- For the clearing of the locker and the issue of the found objects administrative costs will be charged.
- The loss of a key is to be reported immediately by completing the form for report of the loss. The form is available at the circulation desk and to be sent to the library administration.
- The costs for the replacement of the lock are defined in the University Library’s table of charges and must be borne by the user.
- The Technische Universität München is only liable for the loss or the damage of items that have occurred in the individual case, despite the correct usage of the locker system, provided that they are the result of intent or gross negligence.
- With the occupancy of a locker, the user accepts these rules as binding.