Applicable from 15 March 2021
The German version of this document is the only legally binding version. This English translation is for your convenience only.
The following rules apply to the use of the TUM University Library in accordance of the Bavarian Infection Control Ordinance, amending the existing library regulations and house rules.
- Physical contact between people is prohibited. A minimum distance of 1.5 metres between two persons must be maintained at all time.
- Library users are obliged to wear an FFP2 mask in the correct way during the entire stay.
- Entering the library is only permitted after invitation by the staff of the University Library.
- Staying outside marked traffic and work areas is prohibited.
- Good respiratory hygiene (coughing or sneezing into the arm bend or a tissue) must be observed at all times.
- Library users are recommended to wash their hands with soap frequently and to disinfect regularly.
- Access is not permitted in the case of a confirmed infection or symptoms of respiratory diseases.
Rules for the Use of Study Areas
- The University Library provides individual study desks for TUM members.
- The number of users working simultaneously in one branch library is limited.
- The period of stay in the library is limited.
- Reservation of a study desk via the library's website is possible at the latest by 12.00 midnight on the day before. Unreserved or unoccupied study desks will be allocated on request at the circulation desk 30 minutes after the start of the indicated reservation times.
- A maximum of two reservations per calendar week is allowed. In case of overbooking the library reserves the right to cancel all reservations.
- For the purpose of tracing possible chains of infection, personal data processed of the reservation and the free allocation will be stored for a period of 21 days.
- Library users are asked to arrive at the library entrance only a short time before the confirmed reservation period.
- In case of non-appearance a reservation expires 30 minutes after the beginning of the indicated reservation time.
- When entering the library, users are obliged to present their StudentCard or PersonalCard to the library staff. Users must also have the confirmation mail ready.
- The windows located in the public area of the study desks must be opened regularly.
- The University Library provides cleaning agents and wipes for autonomous table cleaning.
- Working in groups is prohibited.
- The use of media from the library shelves is prohibited.
- An FFP2 mask must be worn correctly at the study desk at all times.