Finding relevant literature, citing correctly, and creating a reference list with one click? No problem – our four Powerday webinars will prepare you for your studies!
Our Powerday offers you a compact overview of literature search, citation rules, and reference management before the start of the lecture period. The program is well suited to start your studies with sound research and citation skills or to refresh your knowledge for your upcoming thesis.
powerday in enGlisH – Wednesday, 11 October 2023
Literature Research 1: Tools for Studying, 8:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- how to easily use e-books and e-journals with eAccess
- basics about search strategies for literature
- find subject specific books and journals in our online catalogue
- make effective use of library services
Literature Research 2: Search Strategies for Seminar Papers and Theses, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- develop search strategies for literature databases
- search for subject-specific papers in literature databases
- access researched material
Cite It Right, 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- basic rules of citation
- in-depth topics selected by course participants, such as citing images, Creative Commons, citing student papers, citing yourself, or citing interviews
Reference Management with Citavi – Introductory Course, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- add / import references and citations into Citavi
- create bibliographies
- cite different sources with the Word Add-In
- change citation styles
The Powerday will take place on 11 October in English and on 12 October in German. You can participate online via Zoom for the entire day or book individual webinars. Participation is free of charge.
Registration Powerday English Registration Powerday German
Additionally, we offer all Powerday webinars in our regular training program throughout the semester. Dates and registration links can be found at www.ub.tum.de/en/courses.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org