Finding cooperation partnerships, analysing research trends or tracking university rankings: The analytics tool SciVal provides access to publication data from over 14,000 research institutions in more than 200 countries worldwide. The TUM has now licensed this bibliometric database campus-wide.
Based on the literature database Scopus, SciVal allows to visualize the publication volume of individual or several institutions and to compare them with regard to different parameters.
For example, the following questions can be answered with SciVal:
- Which institutions publish a particularly large amount together?
- How often scientists from TUM or another university publish in cooperation with industrial partners?
- Which scientists publish particularly extensively in one field or are cited above average?
- Which TUM publications are cited in patents?
- How does the publication profile of universities or research groups look like in comparison?
- Where do the publications of TUM or other institutions reveal new, intensively researched fields?
Registration and online access
To use SciVal a one-time, individual registration within the TUM IP range is required. Afterwards you can use the database as a TUM member remotely. Please note that login data may not be passed on to third parties.
Detailed instructions for registration and login can be found at:
If you are interested an introduction to SciVal or have questions about working with the analytics tool, our Bibliometrics Team will be happy to support you: email@example.com.