For urgently needed literature, The TUM University Library offers a shipping service within Germany for all TUM members due to the current closure of all branch libraries. Upon request, we will check whether postal shipping is feasible for the library items you pre-ordered via OPAC or Gateway Bayern.
Before using the service, please note that provisioning and shipping of the requested media may take several days. The University Library has no influence on the delivery time of the supplier DHL. Therefore, we cannot guarantee any date of delivery.
Returns and Liability
Should our branch libraries remain closed due to the pandemic situation, you are obligated to return the borrowed media to the library by mail at your own expense in a timely manner. The University Library assumes no liability for items lost or damaged during shipment, either outbound or return. You are responsible for borrowed items until they are returned to the library and checked out from your library account. Please allow sufficient time for shipping to avoid exceeding the loan period.
Conditions for Shipping
- Home delivery will be provided only during the closure period from 19 December 2020 to presumably 31 January 2021.
- This service is available only to TUM members.
- The number of media provided by shipping is limited to a maximum of five items per person and may not exceed this number at any time.
- Requested media must be pre-ordered via OPAC or Gateway Bayern. Delivery is only feasible to the person whose library account was used for ordering.
- Shipping is only possible within Germany.
- The borrowed items must be returned in due time to one of our branch libraries, if they are open. If the branch libraries remain closed due to the pandemic situation, customers must return the media by mail at their own expense to:
- If loan periods exceed without the borrowed media having arrived on time at the TUM University Library, we will reclaim them at a charge.
- Shipping is only possible for media that are available for loan outside the library. Reference copies, rare books and other special collections are not available for shipping.
- Current journals and their back volumes cannot be ordered for shipping. If required, TUM members can order scans of articles via our electronic delivery service dokumenTUM.