New regulations from 3 August
You do not need a prior reservation to use our services at the circulation desks. You can come without prior notice during the special service hours.
Services at the circulation desks
Arrange your individual appointment for the following available services:
TUM students can self-activate their StudentCard in TUMonline.
TUM employees can contact our First Level Hotline.
Borrowing, ordering in advance, reading online
We resumed loan services for pre-ordered library items:
- Please order requested literature in advance via our online catalogue OPAC.
- Ordered items are usually ready for check-out after 3 working days. Orders from or to the Branch Library Straubing can only be picked up after 5 working days due to the geographical distance.
- Please also order in advance via OPAC items from the textbook collections as well as items that are usually accessible in the reading rooms. At present, you cannot pick up literature from the shelves yourself.
- For library items that are not available for loan (e.g. reference literature or literature that can only be used in the reading room) TUM members can order scans via dokumenTUM.
- Please make use of our wide range of online media: More than 160,000 ebooks, 45,000 e-journals, and 2,400 databases are available to TUM members.
Returning and reserving
Returning borrowed items is possible in all branch libraries, regardless of where you originally check them out. Our courier service will take care of the transport. For reasons of hygiene, returned media will be kept safe for three days ("book quarantine").
We will resume fee-based media reclaims on 13 July 2020. Please, return books whenever it is possible for you in a safe way until this date. You can also return books by mail.
Reservations of borrowed media are currently not possible. Existing reservations are cancelled.
Reserve a study desk
We offer TUM members a limited number of study desks in our branch libraries. For this purpose, your reservation is required by 12:00 midnight the day before. You can book up to two time slots per week.
Reserve a study desk
Rules of conduct
- Admission to all branch libraries is possible only by appointment. Please refrain from unannounced visits.
- Please arrive at the library entrance on time, shortly before the beginning of your confirmed appointment, keep at least 1.5 meters distance to other people and wear a mouth-and-nose cover in the correct way when walking around in the library. You may take off the cover when you are seated at the study desk.
- Please present at the circulation desk your StudentCard, PersonalCard or library card (if applicable) as well as the e-mail confirmation of your appointment.
Not all of our services and facilities are re-opened yet. Currently, not available are:
- Public computers in the reading room for OPAC searches or access to e-media
- Standards Workstations (However, for TUM members remote access via eAccess is possible)
- Book scanners
- Group study rooms
- TUM Speaker's Corner
Questions & Answers
Detailed information can be found in our FAQ section or ask our First Level Hotline.
Our team will be happy to help you.