From 18 May 2020, we will reopen some of our reading rooms as a learning place for TUM members, subject to restrictions. From 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. we offer individual study desks in our branch libraries Mathematics & Informatics Science, Physics, Main Campus, Straubing and Weihenstephan.
The restrictions are intended to protect your and our health and to follow the strict regulations of the state government and the university administration.
Advance Reservation and Safeguard Measures
Before you visit our libraries, it is absolutely necessary that you register via our website, e.g. to be able to trace chains of infection if necessary. We offer two booking periods of just under three hours Monday to Friday at five branch libraries. Between "shift changes" the workplaces are disinfected. In order to guarantee a safe minimum distance, only a limited number of study desks are available in each branch library.
During your stay in publicly accessible areas you must wear a mouth-and-nose cover at all times. Contactless dispensers with disinfectant are also available.
Regulations and Restrictions
- Only TUM students and TUM staff with a prior reservation will gain admission. For external library users it is currently not possible to reserve a study desk. Please refrain from unannounced visits to the branch libraries.
- With regard of limited places available, we ask you to make no more than two reservations per week out of considerateness for your fellow TUM members. In case of overbooking we reserve the right to cancel all of your reservations.
- Please arrive at the library entrance only a short time before your confirmed reservation period, keep at least 1.5 metres distance from other people and wear a mouth-and-nose cover in the correct way during the entire stay. Admission after 10:05 a.m. or 1:05 p.m. is not possible.
- When entering the library, please present your StudenCard or PersonalCard as well as the e-mail confirmation of your reservation.
- Not yet available are media from the reading room shelves, borrowing and returning books, lockers, group study rooms and carrels.
The reopening of loan services and book returns is planned for 2 June 2020. More information will follow.
Reserve a Study Desk
Online reservation of study desks