Thank you for participating in our survey on study desk reservations at the Branch Libraries Main Campus and Sport & Health Sciences. We have received a diverse range of opinions and appreciate your constructive suggestions for improvement.
Here are the changes effective from Monday, 29 January 2024:
- The maximum booking duration will be increased to eight hours.
- The mandatory check-in is possible up to 30 minutes after reservation start.
Please continue to note the following:
- In a calendar week, each person can make up to four bookings per branch library. Cancelling a reservation before the start time does not count towards the booking limit.
- Study desks can be booked up to four days in advance or on the same day.
- Please remember to check in; otherwise, the reservation will expire, and the place can be booked again.
- For absences, please use a clock disk, which applies to both reservable and non-reservable study desks. This way, it is evident to fellow students that the space is taken.
In light of the increasing student numbers, the interest in learning space at TUM far exceeds the available opportunities despite the offerings of various facilities. A common request from the student community that has been repeatedly brought to our attention was the implementation of an online booking system for the University Library.
The goal is to ensure fair access for students with different needs, using a combination of reservable and freely available desks. This applies whether they secure a spot in the early morning hours following the "first come, first served" principle or arrive at the library later in the day due to prior lectures or work commitments.
The survey will be continued as we aim to stay in ongoing communication with you.
Overview of our learning spaces
Survey on the Reservation of Study Desks