The TUM University Library offers loan services in nine branch libraries spread across Munich, Garching, Freising and Straubing.
Our inter-branch loan service allows quick access to all our book collections. You may request up to 10 items at one time via the Online Catalogue. Library staff will have those items ready for collection at the branch library you have chosen. When the item is ready for you to collect, you will receive an arrival notice. It is not necessary to pick up books from different branch libraries yourself.
Please check-out requested library items within 10 working days. Book returns are possible at all our locations.
What to do...
- Start the Online Catalogue and click on the branch library where you want to pick up items.
- Don't forget to login!
- Search for the item you require and choose the requested title from the list of results.
- Click on "Get Document", then on "Order".
Please note: Items published before 1900 may only be requested for the local reading room. These items will not be released for inter-branch library loan.
Sorry, no requests for:
- items which are available directly from the shelf in the branch library of your choice
- items which are not available for loan for your user group
- items from the non-loan collections
- items which are still in the process of being acquired
- items from the closed reference collections at TUM chairs or institutes