Library Twinning Declaration
Thammasat University Thailand and Technische Universität München
Modern academic libraries have a central role in providing information for study and research in a world that is evolving from an information society model towards a communication society of sharing and interaction.
Cooperation and support are cornerstones of the efficient development of standards and best practice.
In the spirit of a global professional fellowship, Thammasat University Thailand and Technische Universität München are proud to announce a special alliance of both their university libraries.
In the context of this library twinning declaration TUT and TUM library are committed to
- furthering friendship and understanding by dialogue between their staffs
- sharing knowledge and experience for the benefit of their patrons
The library managements involved want to encourage among their members of staff
- a mutual interest and understanding of the working environment of each other's libraries
- a mutual concern for the improvement of each other's services
- an exchange of correspondence and information to enhance the professional activities of each other's libraries
We believe such a formal relationship would be beneficial to the libraries, their staffs and patrons and facilitate the exchange of professional information and programmes between the two libraries.
Together we want to address common issues to improve the local knowledge infrastructure and be a part of the cutting edge of library service development.
By this declaration the libraries of Thammasat University Thailand and Technische Universität München evidence their mutual willingness to give their full support to a thriving and efficient cooperation.
On behalf of the libraries
|Ms Srichan Chancheewa
Director Thammasat University Libraries
TUM University Librarian