Applicable from 8 September 2021
The German version of this document is the only legally binding version. This English translation is for your convenience only.
The following rules apply to the use of the TUM University Library in accordance of the Bavarian Infection Control Ordinances (BayIfSMV), amending the existing library regulations and house rules:
- A minimum distance of 1.5 metres between two persons must be maintained at all time.
- When entering the library, students and external visitors are required to provide a proof of vaccination, a convalescent certificate or a valid negative Corona test (3G rule) according to the current BayIfSMV. In addition, the TUM StudentCard or the library card must be presented.
- The 3G rule does not apply to TUM employees. They must present the TUM PersonalCard upon entering the library.
- Pupils and high-school students are considered to be tested according to the current BayIfSMV. The library card in combination with the pupil ID card serves as proof.
- Library users are obliged to wear an FFP2 or surgical mask in the correct manner while present at the library. The obligation to wear mask does not apply when seated at an assigned study desk.
- Staying outside marked traffic and work areas is prohibited.
- Access is not permitted in the case of a confirmed infection or symptoms of respiratory diseases.
Rules for the Use of Study Areas
- In accordance with the current BayIfSMV, the University Library provides individual study desks for TUM members for limited use.
- The reservation of a study desk via the library‘s website must be completed at the latest by 12.00 midnight the day before. Unreserved or unoccupied study desks will be allocated to others at the circulation desk 30 minutes after the start of the indicated reservation time.
- A maximum of two reservations per calendar week is allowed. In case of overbooking the library reserves the right to cancel all reservations.
- For the purpose of tracing possible chains of infection, personal data processed for the reservation or free allocation of study desks will be stored for a period of 21 days.
- Library users are asked to arrive at the library entrance only shortly prior to the reservation.
- Users are obliged to present the TUM StudentCard together with a 3G proof or the TUM PersonalCard. They must also have the reservation confirmation ready.
- The University Library provides cleaning agents and wipes for autonomous table cleaning.
- Working in groups is prohibited.
- The use of media from the library shelves is currently not permitted.