The costs for articles can only be covered if funds are still available in the publishing fund.
- The submitting or corresponding author must be a TUM member and specify his/her affiliation according to the TUM Publication Guidelines.
- Your article will be published in an open access journal, which provides free access to all articles without any subscription fee immediately after publication and ensures the quality of articles through a peer review process. A list of eligible journals can be found at the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- The article-processing charge (APC) does not exceed 2,000 € per article (including VAT). Partial reimbursement is not possible. Please note, that cost details on the websites of publishers or journals usually are specified withour value-added tax.
- However, author's fees for articles in OA journals from Wiley and, from 1 August 2020, from Springer Nature are an exception to this rule, whose costs are covered on the basis of contractual obligations regardless of the amount of the author's fee.
- The author has no access to other funding to finance an open access publication.
- The article should be published under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). The University Library's handout on the publication of research data and software programs provides you an overview of Creative Commons licences.