Articles by authors from the TUM School of Life Sciences Weihenstephan and the Department of Physics will no longer be eligible for funding in 2019!
The costs for articles can only be covered if funds are still available in the publishing fund.
- The submitting or corresponding author must be a TUM member and specify his/her affiliation according to the TUM Publication Guidelines.
- Your article will be published in an open access journal, which provides free access to all articles without any subscription fee immediately after publication and ensures the quality of articles through a peer review process. A list of eligible journals can be found at the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- The article-processing charge (APC) does not exceed 2,000 € or 2,260 USD per article (including VAT). Partial reimbursement is not possible. Please note, that cost details on the websites of publishers or journals usually are specified withour value-added tax.
- The author has no access to other funding to finance an open access publication.
- Each funded publication should contain a reference to the DFG-funding, for example: "This work was supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in the framework of the Open Access Publishing Program." or "Diese Publikation wurde von der Deutschen Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) und der Technischen Universität München (TUM) im Rahmen des Programms Open-Access-Publizieren finanziell unterstützt."
- The article should be published under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). The University Library's handout on the publication of research data and software programs provides you an overview of Creative Commons licences.